Monday, December 5, 2011

We're in Thailand!

Yayy!!!

We are in Thailand.  Shanghai was fun, but I must say I'm excited to be back online.  I missed my blog!

Point by point, here are some brief updates:

  • Shanghai was cool. We did a bunch of shopping, a bunch of walking around, and a bunch of contemplating China as a growing world influence. 
  • A major Shanghai highlight was going to see a Chinese circus performance.  It wasn't all glitzy like Cirque Du Soleil, (although they had one similar but it was sold out), it was a straight up, ridiculously mind-blowing display of the outer limits of human abilities.  I think we need some sub-bullet points here:
    • Highlight number one: two girls, both spinning 4-5 plates in either hand, standing head to head, one on top of the other.  Woah. 
    • Highlight number two: Not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE motor bike riders in a large steel sphere going upwards of 40 miles an hour round and round, criss-crossing past each other with just inches between bikes.  I'm really glad I didn't witness 5 tragic deaths and a massive diesel explosion!
  • Did I mention we're in Thailand?  It's 11:45pm and we're just getting settled into our hotel after a long day of travel.  Here's a link to the resort's web site if you want to check it out: www.bandarasamui.com.  Thai hospitality is incredible and the room is just gorgeous.  I'm really looking forward to checking out the flower markets as this place has some beautiful and inspiring arrangements.  
Okay, somehow I feel like there's so much more to say, but seeing as how we just got here, I'm going to put the computer aside for now.   Love to all my friends and family, and hi Gramma Jean! :)

p.s.  There's lot's more pictures up on our Picassa Asia Album

No comments:

Post a Comment