Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ah, Ko Samui

Ah yeah, we love Thailand.

This will be a quick update as it's past my bedtime and Dax has acquired SNL for us to watch before bed.

Yesterday was our first real day on the island.  We woke up and had a fabulous buffet breakfast which, we discovered to our delight, was included in the cost of the room.  Then we took a walk outside our hotel and found a nice open air restaurant and sipped watermelon juice while we poked at our thai language guide and tour brochures.  We booked a tour for the next day, then walked down to a flower shop and had a nice flower arrangement made up for our room.  On our way back we stopped for some hour-long thai massages at 10 bucks a piece. One of the massage ladies saw Dax's alternating purple and silver toe nail polish and asked him if he was a lady boy! Wow, lol.

After the massages, we went back to the watermelon juice spot for some lunch.  It was a moment I'd been waiting for my entire life.  Those who know me may recall that I eat pad thai pretty much every time I go to a thai restaurant, and that it's one of my all time favorite foods.  Well my friends, I had my first pad thai in thailand.  I was very pleased that a) they had it on the menue and it wasn't just some dish that thai expats had made up to please westerners, b) that it was a little but not too spicy, and c) that it was freakin de-li-cious.  Holy wow, my dreams had come true.

So let's see... after lunch we came back to the hotel and got our swim suits on.  Next stop... warm ocean water!  Our hotel is right on the beach, but there's a lovely garden pathway between here and there, so I took a few pictures on the way.

Splashed around for a bit, took some pictures, back out of the water, rinsed off, and called Elias.  Had dinner in the Bo Phut fishing village, came home, and crashed out.  What a fantastic day!

Stay tuned for photos and more stories about what we did today (all that was only yesterday's adventures!)

No comments:

Post a Comment